Thursday, November 5, 2009

Welcome to the land of perpetual celebration!

My name is Laura, and I'm your intrepid navigator of all things holiday-related.  I'll be up front here; my favorite holiday is Christmas.  Not "the reason for the season" type of Christmas, but the secular, tradition-loving kind.  For me, Christmas is a fantastic opportunity to create, decorate, bake, and, of course, give.  Thus, you won't find any espousing of religion here (in regards to any holiday), other than in the context of discussing historic and cultural aspects of the occasion.

I also want to make it clear that I'll only post in-depth about holidays I celebrate.  I may mention other ones, but I intend to avoid co-opting holidays that are outside of my own cultural and ethnic heritage.  So, please, if you want to see a particular holiday or tradition here, create and submit your own post!  I will happily edit and post thoughtful, original entries regarding the holiday most important to you.

Onward!  Only 49 days until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment