Friday, November 26, 2010

Today is a very special day.

It is my official start to the Christmas season.  I can now put up lights, get a tree, hang the wreath, and blare carols in my car without feeling guilty!  And, just in time, I discovered another well-known musician who has put out a holiday album this year.  Fred Schneider from the B-52s joined up with a couple of lesser-known musicians and formed the Superions.  Their new work features gems like "Who Threw That Ham at Me," a ditty about creative ways to get out of shoplifting mishaps, "Crummy Christmas Tree,"" and "Fruitcake," which needs no explanation.  The Superions are an acquired taste, but if you like the sometimes harsh sound and campiness of the B-52s you will probably like Schneider's new work.  I really think John Waters and the Superions need to hook up and create something special together!

Here's article that turned me on to the Superions and their holiday music:  Fred Claus.

No comments:

Post a Comment