Monday, September 5, 2011

Busy, Busy times!

The winter holiday planning continues, and is much more pleasurable now that it is not simply a procrastination technique for other parts of my life. I am realizing that I need to sit down and pick a few specific crafts to do for my DIY gifts rather than just bookmark several dozen ideas and pick up various accouterments as I find them. I'm going to end up with too much stuff I'll never use. So--that's the next step. Hammer out the details. I wish I could say more, but I don't want to ruin the surprises for any friends who may read the blog! I also printed out a handy series of holiday planning page templates from Organized Christmas, which I've begun filling out. I'm doing a lot of picking and choosing with it; not every page they think is necessary is appropriate for my situation. For example, no matter how much I dream of it, I am not able to afford a full new outfit for every holiday party I attend. I do like that they have a template specifically for gift brainstorming, and even one that goes into specifics about handmade gifts. Perfect! I wish I were this organized in other aspects of my life.

In between all this planning, I came across a quote about Tori Amos that I wrote down more than a decade ago, and which happens to be very blog-appropriate. From Barbara Ellen at New Musical Express in 1992: "She's a Grade A, Class One, Turbo-driven Fruitcake." You bet your bottom dollar I'm itching to re-post the Superion's Fruitcake music video!

No comments:

Post a Comment