Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tree's Up!



Close-ups of some of my favorite ornaments:



This bird was a gift from my partner's mother last year.



This glittery fish was a gift from my step-mother.  I didn't realize she knew about my love of glitter until she gave me this!



I pick out a new ornament every year, and this superbly fluffy owl was this year's pick!

Decorations up, too:


I found this rotund lady at an awesome gift shop in Baltimore, Maryland.  I have no idea why she's wearing a leotard/bathing suit at Christmas, but it works for me.  I swear I know what good taste is; I just happen to like tacky, too.

I put the new LED string lights on the tree, and the second I plugged them in, I was startled to see that they were a hideous cool blue shade, and very, very bright.  I promptly took them down and strung up the old lights.  My partner joked that I picked aesthetics over energy efficiency, and I couldn't deny it...in this case, anyway.  Who wants a blue-tinted tree, unless you're rocking a tinsel tree?  The old-fashioned lights are much warmer and more in keeping with the holiday spirit.  Sorry, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment