Monday, December 21, 2009

How Many Days?

Life is a bit too crazy right now for a real post (that's the downer of a blog about holidays), so I thought I'd post an article about the history of Christmas in the state of Massachusetts, which is where I live.

Also, Happy Solstice!  From my living room window I can see the sun setting.  I am infinitely blessed to be in the warmth of my house, sleeping dog at my hip, and free to observe the frigid winter landscape outside.  Although that "frigid winter landscape" is something of a joke after failing to receive any of the 8" of snow the meteorologists predicted this weekend!

And...Charo!  I used to watch the Pee-Wee Christmas special every year.

Aaaaand...John Denver and the Muppets singing the 12 Days of Christmas.  As the YouTube poster commented, this is just about the only version of the carol that doesn't bore you to tears.  I used to have this album on vinyl, too.  In the album version, Beaker gets to "sing" one of the 12 days, and his "meep meeping" was always my favorite part!

No comments:

Post a Comment