Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Holiday Music

There are several new holiday albums coming out this season from various famous artists.  I have mixed feeling about the bunch, and I think you'll see why:

1.  The Indigo Girls release Holly Happy Days, their first holiday album EVER.  An Amazon reviewer says it is their most country album yet.  In this case, I imagine that's a good thing.
2.  Mariah Carey, who, on her first holiday album, created a masterpiece with All I Want for Christmas is You, is about to release its sequel--Merry Christmas II You.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I want to buy it, if only to make fun of whatever new holiday songs she's penned and singing her heart out to. 
3.  Pink Martini releases their first holiday album, Joy to the World, which I am truly excited to hear (follow the link for song samples).  I think the small orchestra sound of Pink Martini translates quite well into holiday music!

Oh, Amazon Wish List, I love you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment