Sunday, October 24, 2010

Renting a Christmas Tree

An acquaintance found this company, Rent a Living Christmas Tree, LLC, which grows several types of evergreens and rents them out for the holiday season.  This would be an ecologically sound alternative to tree farms that cut down one-time use trees.  The company is in California, so you need to be in that general area to order from them.  I haven't done any research, but I can't imagine that purchasing a living tree wherever you live would be much more expensive than what this company is charging.  And, of course, if you bought the tree you'd be able to keep it in use as a Christmas tree for several years and then get to plant it wherever you wanted.  Given my lack of green thumb, I think I'd have to go that route!  I wouldn't want to be charged for killing a tree in my care!

No comments:

Post a Comment