Sunday, September 26, 2010

Another Plus-Size Costume Idea

I had forgotten about the potential for a Cass Elliot Halloween costume.  I considered it last year, and even went so far as to buy a set of vintage, yellow and green daisy-patterned sheets at the thrift store.  My idea had been to sew a basic, Cass Elliot-esque outfit out of them, but I never figured out how.  My sewing skills are very minimal, and I do it all by hand, so it's not exactly an easy-peasy proposition.  And, of course, having a tailor make the whole damn thing, even after spending only a few dollars on material, would be way expensive.  Short of wearing a daisy-pattered toga, I'm not sure how to make this work!

I can't give up the idea, though.  Looking at Elliot photos made me more and more excited because she really was BOTH a superstar and a big ol' fatty.





















No, I'm not a big fan of her muumuu style.
























Or her clown suits.























But she did wear some pretty rad mod outfits.

Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment