Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In Which I Deluge You With Old, Embarrassing Photos of Myself...

...ostensibly to demonstrate how badly I need help with this year's Halloween costume.

This is me dressed as a pirate, using a cheap Old Navy costume.  I think the mustache is what really pulls it all together.
















Here I am modeling a devil hood thingie that we carried at the department store I worked at several years ago.  This is the sort of costume that makes me sad because it's not really a costume at all.  It's a stupid red hoods with horns.  That's it.  I may as well have gone around wearing a "This is my costume" t-shirt.






















This picture was part of a photo shoot my childhood best friend and I did when I was going through the beginning of my goth phase.  As you can tell by the poorly-applied pancake makeup, chains, and self-drawn "Supergirl" graffiti, I was a very conflicted teenager.  I suppose I am still conflicted, in that I have so many disparate characteristics fighting it out inside of me.  For example, yesterday I was baking birthday cupcakes, feeling perky and wearing my strawberry-covered vintage apron.  Then I happened to glance in my full length mirror and took a good look at myself.  I had on black tights, a black skirt, a black top, the strawberry apron, a pink polka-dotted scarf tied in a bow around my neck, and, to top it all off, my hair in pigtails.  Basically, I looked like the love child of Strawberry Shortcake and a goth Pippi Longstocking.
















Writing this just reminds me how little I've changed.

Today I asked my friend B if she had read my last post about possible Halloween costumes.  She hadn't, but she immediately suggested Pippi Longstocking.  Can she call it or what?  I'm still open to suggestions, though.  I'm a terrible decision maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment